13 Reasons To Become A Walt Disney World Passholder
When my family moved to Florida two years ago, we quickly realized that with all of our trips to Walt Disney World we needed to become Disney Passholders. There is so much to do at each park, that I could spend every day at Disney World and still not see all that it has to offer. I have compiled a list of 13 reasons why becoming a Walt Disney World Passholder would be advantageous to you.
- Saves you money. If you plan on visiting Walt Disney World for more than four days in a calendar year, I would say buy the season pass. Since tickets are around $100 a day plus $50 to add a park hopper pass, numerous trips add up quickly.
- Free parking. Parking is $20 per day and can be used at any park that same day (if you start at one park in the morning and drive to a different park at night). As of this year, Disney Passholders park free.
- You can go any day of the year. While some passes have blackout days, Platinum passes are good all year.
- Buy special event tickets earlier. For Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween and A Very Merry Christmas Party, you can buy your tickets in advance. This is a huge plus since Disney only sells a limited number of tickets for each night of the event. Passholders can buy a maximum of 4 tickets for each event and even better, they are discounted!
- Book FastPasses earlier. Disney Passholders can reserve their FastPass selections 30 days in advance.
- 10-20% off Merchandise. Most shops at the Disney parks, and even at Disney Springs, offer Passholders a discount on their purchase. Chances are you are going to buy that t-shirt anyway… might as well get a discount!
- Unlimited PhotoPass Downloads. Depending on which Annual Passholder package you choose, you can download all pictures on your Digital PhotoPass. In addition, your pictures do not expire; you have access to them all year.
- 10% off Dining Locations. Many restaurants throughout all four parks and Disney Springs give discounts on food and non-alcoholic beverage purchases.
- Free Magic Band. Passholders receive a complimentary, personalized Magic Band. In addition, they can opt for a purple Magic Band which only available to Annual Passholders and resort guests.
- Perks at the parks. For Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival as well as their Garden and Flower Festival, Passholders receive exclusive gifts. This year we received a poster and wine glass.
- Discount on pet boarding. Walt Disney World has a pet care facility on property that offers boarding, grooming, and day camp. I can assure you that your animal will have an awesome time at Best Friends Pet Care while you are out exploring the parks.
- Entry to the Disney waterparks. The Platinum pass includes unlimited access to Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach.
- Bonus. 15% off Salon and Spa services at The Grand Floridian, 15% off Tours, exclusive pre-screenings for Disney movies, 15% off at the Children’s Activity Center, discounted rooms on Disney property hotels, and 10% off of a rental car at Alamo.
Walt Disney Annual Passholder pricing:
Disney Platinum Plus Pass $829 ($729 for Florida residents)
Disney Platinum Pass $749 ($649 for Florida residents)
Florida Resident Disney Gold Pass $549 (blackout dates)
Florida Resident Disney Silver Pass $389 (blackout dates)
Florida Resident Weekday Pass $259 (blackout dates)
Florida Resident Epcot After 4 Pass $249 (blackout dates)
Need a place to stay while in Orlando? Check out some great hotel deals right here!
This article was written by Taylor Pittman.
Check out some of our other Disney posts: