My friend Rachael introduced me to this recipe a few years ago during one of our “family dinner” nights in college. I cannot tell you how many times I have made these Chicken Alfredo roll-ups since then! Although they take quite a bit of time to assemble and can get really messy, they are absolutely delicious.
Chicken Alfredo Roll-Ups
- 9 Lasagna noodles
- 2 1/2 Cups Alfredo sauce (From the recipe below)
- 2 Cups cooked, grilled chicken cut into bite size pieces
- Garlic salt
- 3 Cups shredded Mozzarella
The BEST Garlic Alfredo Sauce
(Makes 2 1/2 cups) (Seriously, I use this for everything)
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 2 Oz. cream cheese
- 2 Cups half and half (or heavy whipping cream)
- 2 Teaspoons garlic powder
- Salt and pepper (I use garlic salt)
- 2/3 Cup parmesan cheese
1. Cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions until al dente. Drain and rinse the noodles with cold water and lay them on a paper towel to remove excess water. I skipped this step once and instantly regretted it.
2. To make the Alfredo sauce, in a medium saucepan melt the butter over medium heat. Add the cream cheese and whisk until smooth. Whisk in the half and half. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer and whisk frequently until the sauce thickens, generally about 15 minutes. I usually add the 2/3 cup of parmesan cheese around the 10 minute mark.
3. Spray an 8×8 pan with cooking spray and line the bottom with 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce.
4. Next, it is time to assemble the roll ups. I usually lay down a couple pieces of parchment paper to make clean up easier. Lay each noodle on the parchment paper and spread 2 Tbs of the Alfredo sauce over each noodle. Spread out the grilled chicken evenly onto each noodle and top with 3 Tbs of shredded mozzarella. Roll up each lasagna noodle and place seam side down in the 9×9 prepared pan.
5. Once they are all in the pan, pour the remaining Alfredo sauce and Mozzarella cheese over the noodles. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, until heated through and cheese is bubbly. There you have it, Chicken Alfredo Roll-Ups!
I hope you enjoyed making and eating these Chicken Alfredo Roll-Ups as much as I do!