My fiancé and I are both cheesecake fanatics. I had been wanting to make a dessert to have at the house this week and thought that cheesecake sounded perfect. After looking around on Pinterest, I stumbled on this recipe and thought that it looked awesome! It reminds me of my favorite dessert, Cheesecake Factory’s 30th Anniversary cake, minus the killer chocolate topping. So here is my take on Chocolate Chip Brownie Cheesecake.
Chocolate Chip Brownie Cheesecake
- 1 Package boxed brownies (18.3 ounces)
- The original recipe called for fudge brownies, but I saw a box of milk chocolate brownies sitting on the shelf and I thought that they looked bomb.
- 3 Packages cream cheese, softened (8 ounces)
- 1 Can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
- 3 Large eggs
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Cup chocolate chips
- I used regular sized chips instead of the mini’s, which is what the recipe suggested.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- I do not have a springform pan (but it is on my wedding registry!) so I used an 8×8 pan. I’m really not good at following directions.
- Prepare brownie mix according to the package directions for chewy brownies and then spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until set.
- Mine only took about 16 minutes to set.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Mix in sweetened condensed milk, eggs, and vanilla.
- Fold in chocolate chips and put into the pan, which is now full of brownies.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until the center of the cheesecake is set and the edges are golden brown.
- Because my pan was smaller, it took 1 hour and 10 minutes for my cheesecake to set.
- Let your Chocolate Chip Brownie Cheesecake cool completely and store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
- Next time, I would use about half the amount of chocolate chips.
This article was written by Taylor Pittman.
Check out our other recipe posts: