Finally, the best time of the year. Fall is here! Pumpkin Spice Latte, Halloween, football, I enjoy them all immensely! My very favorite thing to do at this time of year is to make a huge pot of soup or chili and eat some now, freeze the rest for later. This easy chili recipe will be just the crowd pleaser for your family or tailgate event. I like it extra spicy so adjust seasonings as you see fit.
Easy Chili Recipe
- 1 cup water or chicken broth
- 15.5 oz can diced tomatoes (or whatever kind you like)
- Can Rotel tomatoes (hot if you can stand it or Original if not a fan of heat)
- (2) 15.5 oz cans beans (I prefer light red kidney & pinto beans or light and dark red kidney beans)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1# ground chuck or ground round (do not make it too lean, the fat adds to the flavor in this case)
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoon tabasco hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Drizzle a stockpot with 1 teaspoon oil. Sauté onions and garlic over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes. Stir in beef. Brown the beef and stir to break up lumps.
Add all other ingredients. Stir and simmer 45 minutes.
Serve chili ladled in bowls with sides of crackers, shredded cheese, extra hot sauce (if needed), and a dollop of sour cream.
HINT: If you have Bloody Mary mix at home, sub half the stock or water for it.
HINT: If you have a Parmesan cheese rind (I always save them for soups), drop it in and really deepen the flavor. Remove before serving.
Check out my other recipes below: