I was nominated for the liebster award!
The Liebster Award is an award given to bloggers by bloggers. The blogger who is nominated, answers a set of questions provided by the colleague who nominated them and then pass the fun on to other bloggers. The purpose is to give some well deserved recognition to newbie bloggers, provide their site with an exposure boost as well as seek out and network with other newbies. It is also a way to show some love to a favorite blogger, or to a blog you look up to. It’s a little bit of ‘Pay-It-Forward’ and a little bit of ‘Team-Building’ all in one. Either way, it’s a win-win for all and I have Liv from thelivdlife.com to thank for the nomination.
- What does a normal day in your life look like? Taking care of my prized possession, my King Charles Cavalier Priscilla, blogging for a few hours, cooking for anyone that will let me, and enjoying Florida life.
- What is your coolest travel story? Richard Branson’s assistant, Christos, invited my husband and I to the grand opening of the Virgin MegaStore in NYC long ago. We walked the red carpet and were able to rub elbows with some fantastic stars, but the coolest moments were meeting Richard Branson and having a conversation with Liza Minelli.
- What are three things on your bucket list? Visit Istanbul (scheduled for August), Budapest, and Prague. Be married to my husband Eddie for 50 years. Go on a world cruise some time after Priscilla (the dog) is no longer with us.
- What is your least favorite travel destination? Jamaica.
- What place have you always dreamed of visiting? Africa to see the Big Five.
- What is your ultimate guilty pleasure? Listening to the Bee-Gee’s for 40 years now and being Barry Gibb’s #1 fan of all time. I have met him twice.
- What is one of your most embarrassing moments? Showing up at a Jody Watley concert at the Supper Club in Manhattan with two different colored shoes on.
- Sweet or Savory? Savory for sure. Not a huge junk food fan but LOVE food in general. I am proud to be a foodie.
- What is the best thing anyone has said about your blog? That they plan their trips based on the places I have written about and recommended. I get that quite a lot and it makes me feel like I am on the right track.
- Tell me about one of the best meals you’ve ever had! Gosh, so many. I don’t think I could narrow it down but here are some of the top. Sausages and cabbage in Germany, Macaroons in France, Tiramisu at Cenacolo (Cozumel), Black Truffle Pasta in Manhattan, Lemon Ricotta Pancakes at Shutters on the Beach, Lobster at The Lobster, Key Lime cookies at Dean & Deluca, Stroganoff at Pushkin Telegraph, Shrimp & Grits at Nobles, Moussaka in Santorini, and Beef Carpaccio anywhere!
- What makes you happy? Making someone feel special or important. I love sending cards and doing special things for people just to be nice. It doesn’t take much effort and I figure at least one nice gesture a day isn’t too much of a stretch for me.
Now to spread the love! I nominate the following ten bloggers!
- Brianna from Casual Travelist
- Erin from Epicurean Traveler
- Heather from Conversant Traveller
- Christina from Go Epicurista
- Maggie from Mags On The Move
- Suzanne from Adventures of Empty Nesters
- Ashley from A Southern Gypsy
- Johnny from The Dessert Engineer
- Anna from Anna Everywhere
- Karisa from My Hot Pink Passport
Congratulations nominees! Please answer the following questions and pass along the love, host your own Liebster awards.
- What is your dream destination?
- What places have you visited that you thought were highly overrated?
- If you have traveled to the US, what is your favorite city?
- What makes you happy?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What are your top three bucket list items?
- What is one piece of advice you would offer or one saying you live by?
- What is the best thing anyone has said about your blog?
- What is your ultimate guilty pleasure?
- What is the one product or service you cannot live without?
- What two countries make you the happiest to visit?