My travels of 2014 were absolutely epic and I am so blessed to be traveling and blogging about it as a career. Here is a list of my very best travel days of the entire year. Which one do you prefer?
Wherever I May Roam’s Best Travels of 2014
1. Copenhagen, Denmark– I love walking along the canals and seeing the historic sights in Copenhagen. It is one of the most picturesque cities I have ever been to.
2. Boquete, Panama– My husband is doing business in Boquete and we have spent much time in Boquete in 2014. The best part was working at the Amigos de Animales monthly animal spay & neuter clinics. I fall in love with every animal that comes through, often 150+.
3. Ice Bar in Stockholm, Sweden– My best friend Jo and I did the Baltic capitals cruise earlier this year and we both loved beautiful Stockholm. While it was a cheesy excursion, we visited the Nordic C Hotel and Ice Bar. While swaddled in coats, gloves, and hats, we were brought into the permanent ice structure and given a sampling of their vodka drinks.
4. Roatan, Honduras– This travel day was special because my youngest daughter Peyton and I were visiting a Caribbean island that was new to both of us. Roatan, a relatively new cruise port, is entirely owned by cruise lines. Once we ventured out to explore the entire island, we liked what we saw.
5. CMA Music Festival is a 4 day country music festival in Nashville, TN, that my daughters and I have attended for the past 4 years. It is the creme de la creme of country musicians and our favorites generally include Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, Dierks Bentley, and the throwback artists, which was Alabama this year. It is our mother/daughter tradition and I would not trade it for anything.
6. Berlin, Germany– Though not one of my favorite cities, I love Germany maybe more than any other European country. Jo and I spent the day in Berlin touring everything we could and our moment at Checkpoint Charlie, where we had the cheesiest photos made and stamped our own passports because no one else was available to do so, proved to be one of the funniest moments we have ever had together. The sight of us running down the streets was youtube worthy.
7. Eastern Caribbean cruise/Princess Cruises-Doing a weeklong trip to the Caribbean on a “priced right” Ruby Princess cruise with friends Jo and Angie, proved to be a week of fun, frolic, laughter, and many new memories.
8. Disney’s Magic Kingdom– My family took a holiday trip to Magic Kingdom where we were able to share in the Christmas parades, decorations, and capture the memories with all of our favorite Disney princesses and characters.
9. Rio Hato, Panama– This was one of my favorite travel days because my husband took us on a weekend getaway when our daughter Taylor and her boyfriend, Blake, were visiting. The JW Marriott at Rio Hato was a nice way to break up the drive between Boquete and Panama City, plus the service and digs were impeccable.
10. Tallinn, Estonia– This was one cruise port on our Baltic Capitals cruise and I fell in love with the medieval dream city of Tallinn. In fact, I loved the charm and heritage factor so much that many of my new bucket list destinations include Baltic countries so I can see how they measure up.
11. St. Petersburg, Russia– The most magnificent of all my 2014 travels was a two day visit to St. Petersburg, Russia. I spent 24 hours touring the richest museums, historic palaces, and learning so much history that my brain was fried. I loved every minute of it!
12. Hot Springs, Virginia– A rainy day in the country turned into a drive to the lovely Omni Homestead Resort with friends and family for afternoon tea on a huge wraparound porch and a chance to roam the luxurious hotel, shops, and grounds. Impromptu trips are always so much fun.
13. The Grove in Oxford, Mississippi– I visited my daughter Taylor for her birthday and the big game between Ole Miss and Alabama. Had my first experience at The Grove and loved every minute of it. Hotty Toddy!
What was your best travel memory in 2014? I cannot wait to see what 2015 has in store! Safe travels friends.