Last December, I decided to officially join my mom on her blogging endeavor. Truthfully, neither one of us knew what we were getting into. Although we are having a ton of fun blogging, it can be overwhelming at times. Everything else in my life is organized, so I figured that our blogging life should be too.
I picked up a 1.5 inch binder and 8 tabs from Target and got to work trying to organize our blogging life. After looking at numerous printables on Pinterest, I decided to make my own and incorporate different elements that I liked. I made a border and picked out a couple of colors so that all of my printables would look uniform. OCD? Maybe. Here is the run down of what all is inside of our blogging binders. Click the links below the pictures to save or print each one.
Organize Your Blogging Life!
- To Do Today
- I designed this printable specifically for my mom. I asked her what she did on a daily basis and compiled this list.
- To Do This Week
- I like this printable because it incorporates our social media presence as well as what articles we want to release for the week (so we can double check them). Truthfully, I write a to do list for the week on a piece of paper and highlight tasks when they are finished. That works best for me.
- Travel Schedule
- This is one of my favorite parts of my binder. I printed out a basic calendar and I write in my travel plans for the month. I have calendars through the end of the year filled out so that if I add any additional plans, I can quickly look and see when I am free. If a trip is for sure, I write it in sharpie but if I am not sure yet I put a post it over the dates. This is the calendar that I use for my travel schedule.
- I am in charge of putting our CoSchedule together for the month. I have found that it is best to print out a calendar and plan my social media posts on paper. That way, I can have a quick reference if I ever need to go back and see when or on what social media outlet that we posted an article on. Here is the calendar that I use to plan our CoSchedule posts. I love that each one is themed.
- Dates To Remember
- The Dates To Remember are just another planning tool that I use to make sure that we am on track and not forgetting anything. Confession, I add family birthdays to this…
- Before I write every article I do research. Whether it be looking over a website or Facebook page, I try to gather as much information about my subject that I can. This makes it easier for me when I sit down to write a post and I can fact check myself along the way.
- Monthly Tracker
- Monthly tracking allows us to see if our blog is growing and by how much. It is also a great tool to see which social media channels are bringing in the most views. I am a huge Pinterest fan so I love seeing our Pinterest numbers grow.
- This is another one of my favorite printables. Once a month, I write down all of the people that I have been in contact with in regards to the blog. This makes it easy for me to look up someone’s name if I need to get in touch with them again.
- Goals are a good way for us to make sure that we are accomplishing what we want to. Blogging can get incredibly busy and overwhelming quickly, and by writing our goals down, it helps us stay on track.
- Long Term
- We use these for yearly goals that we want to accomplish.
7. Upcoming Trips
- I am a stickler when it comes to planning and I really and truly enjoy making my travel plans. I either write out a plan for each day or a list of things that I would like to do in that city.
- Monthly Expense Tracker
- Although we would all like for all of our travel expenses to be paid for, that is not always the case. Whether it be gas, a meal, or hotel stay, this is great way to keep a record of our blog expenses.
Hopefully these printables will help you, too, organize your blogging life. If you can think of anything that would be beneficial to add, please let us know! Have fun organizing 🙂
Taylor Pittman wrote this article.
Check out some of our other posts: