Travel Photo Roulette #123
It is time for another round of #PhotoRoulette. I was lucky to have won the last round of Travel Photo Roulette themed “Best Beaches in the World” hosted by Getting Stamped. Below is my winning photo taken on the beautiful island of Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos in the Caribbean.
The rules of the competition say that I get to pick the next theme, receive and post the pictures, as well as select the winner! Woo-hoo! Shutterbugs get ready!
Best UNESCO World Heritage Photo
Travel Roulette #123 will be based on your best photograph of any UNESCO World Heritage Site in the world. The winner will be selected on whatever might catch my eye at the moment but the most expensive or furthest traveled destination do not get any brownie points. This contest is open for all travelers, not just the photographers of the bunch.
How to enter? To enter the Travel Photo Roulette competition simply leave a comment below with a link to your image (Your website, Facebook, Flickr, Picasa,etc.) along with a brief description or caption for your photo. You must have a travel/photography blog to enter. Be sure to send the blog link as well as the picture link. The name of the UNESCO site as well as the city and country are required as well.
The Travel Photo Roulette contest runs from May 3, 2016-May 10, 2016.
I will post the photo entries as they come in so feel free to check back and comment on your favorites. When the contest has ended, I will announce the lucky winner of Travel Roulette #123 here.
THE WINNER OF #123 TRAVEL PHOTO ROULETTE IS BACKROAD RAMBLERS FOR THEIR SUBMISSION #3 OF THE GRAND CANYON, AZ.
Travel Photo Roulette Overview:
The contest rotates through travel/photography blogs, so the winner of the previous round of Travel Photo Roulette hosts the subsequent round on their own blog. The new host then chooses the next theme (a generic keyword or phrase) and bloggers submit their interpretations of the theme over the course of the contest.
At the end of the submission period, the hosting blogger chooses their favorite photo from the submissions, displays it as that round’s winning entry, and then passes the Travel Photo Roulette baton on to the winner for the next round. Readers can attempt to sway the host blogger into picking a certain photo via comments, but the host ultimately freely chooses their favorite. The game is repeated with the winner hosting the following month’s game and choosing a theme for new photo submissions.
Feel free to share this post on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media so more people can join the contest. And do be sure to use the hashtag #PhotoRoulette !
Previous Travel Photo Roulette Winners
- Nov 2010 Living the Dream: Animals
- Nov 2010 Skinny Backpacker: Road Signs
- Nov 2010 Dream a Little Dream: Street Art
- Dec 2010 Flashpacker HQ: Festival
- Dec 2010 Over Yonderlust: Landmarks
- Dec 2010 Don’t Ever Look Back: Beaches
- Jan 2011 ThePlanetD: Portraits
- Jan 2011 Travel with a Mate: Motion
- Jan 2011 Johnny Vagabond: Water
- Feb 2011 Ken Kaminesky: Urban
- Feb 2011 Travels of Adam: Friday Night
- Mar 2011 Itchy Feet Chronicles: The Journey
- Mar 2011 Brendan’s Adventures: Changing Seasons
- Apr 2011 Shutterfeet: Storytelling
- Apr 2011 10 Times One: Piousness
- Apr 2011 Beached Eskimo: Learning
- May 2011 Travel Junkies: Architecture
- Jun 2011 Destination World: Transportation
- Jun 2011 Living the Dream: Paradise
- Jun 2011 Vagabond Quest: Clothes
- Jul 2011 The Unframed World: Symmetry
- Jul 2011 Beached Eskimo: Home
- Jul 2011 BackPackerBanter: Inspiration
- Aug 2011 WanderingTrader: Darkness
- Aug 2011 Finding the Universe: Tranquillity
- Sep 2011 Fearful Adventurer: Food
- Sep 2011 Adventures of a GoodMan: City
- Oct 2011 Globe-Trekking.com: Reflection
- Oct 2011 Scene With A Hart: Framing
- Nov 2011 Vagabond Quest: Silhouettes
- Nov 2011 Hecktic Travels: Music
- Dec 2011 Globetrotter Girls: Love
- Dec 2011 Man on the lam: Humor
- Jan 2012 My Walkabout: Winter
- Jan 2012 The Art of Slow Travel: Blue
- Feb 2012 Ten times One: Depth of the Field
- Feb 2012 Runaway Juno: My Glorious Digital Nomad Moment
- Mar 2012 Nomadbiba: Sunshine
- Mar 2012 Travel With Kat: Local Character
- Apr 2012 The Travel Bunny: Street Scene
- Apr 2012 Adventure Crow Spirit of the Country
- May 2012 Food Travel Bliss: Evening
- May 2012 Matt Gibson Adventure
- May 2012 Flashpacker HQ: Once In A Lifetime
- Jul 2012 Skinny Backpacker: Surreal
- Aug 2012 2away: Smile
- Aug 2012 Bridges and Balloons: Excellent Splendour of the Universe
- Sep 2012 The GypsyNester: What the ?!
- Oct 2012 Runaway Juno: Sweet
- Nov 2012 GQ Trippin: Play
- Nov 2012 Life’s Little Victories: Friendship
- Dec 2012 Breakaway Backpacker: Face
- Jan 2013 Fly, Icarus, Fly: Serendipity
- Feb 2013 Travel Transmissions: Lost in Thought
- Feb 2013 Wanderlusters: The Natural World
- Mar 2013 Travel Junkies: Patterns
- Apr 2013 Living the Dream: Your First Time
- May 2013 Getting Stamped: The Sun Goes Down
- Jun 2013 The GypsyNester: Cheesy Tourist Diversions
- Jun 2013 Boomeresque: Revolution
- Jul 2013 Breakaway Backpacker: Colorful
- Aug 2013 Around This World: Mountains
- Aug 2013 Passports and Pamplemousse Hands at Work
- Sep 2013 TurtlesTravel Dance
- Sep 2013 Keep calm and travel The Sea
- Sep 2013 Travel Photo Discovery: The Market
- Oct 2013 Am I Nearly There Yet?: Travel Fails
- Oct 2013 The GypsyNester: Weird Regional Foods
- Nov 2013 Sophie’s World: Trees
- Nov 2013 SHOuTography: Party
- Dec 2013 Adventures of a Goodman: Ruin
- Dec 2013 Have Blog Will Travel: Light
- Jan 2014 This World Rocks: Crowds
- Jan 2014 Travel Past 50: Competition
- Feb 2014 The Working Traveller: Working
- Mar 2014 Travels with Carole: Umbrellas
- Apr 2014 Independent Travel Help Quirky
- Apr 2014 Quit Job Travel World Statues
- May 2014 Nomad is Beautiful People Sleeping
- May 2014 Backpack Me: Mouthwatering
- Jun 2014 20 Years Hence: The Face of A Nation
- Jul 2014 Two for the Road: Into the Wild
- Jul 2014 TurtlesTravel: Summer!
- Aug 2014 Adventures Around Asia: Candid
- Aug 2014 Travel with Kevin and Ruth: Hiking
- Sept 2014 Till The Money Runs Out: Transport
- Sept 2014 The Crowded Planet: Wild World
- Sept 2014 ZigZag On Earth: The 4 Elements
- Oct 2014 Travel Addicts: Heritage
- Oct 2014 Living the Dream: Your Grand Adventure
- Oct 2014 Getting Stamped: Inspire
- Nov 2014 Flashpacker HQ: Viewpoint
- Jan 2015 Adventures of a GoodMan: WOW!
- Jan 2015 ZigZag On Earth: Roads and Tracks
- Feb 2015 Where’s The Gos?: Street Art
- Mar 2015 Ice Cream and Perma Frost: Frozen
- Mar 2015 Journey Jottings: Detail
- April 2015 House Sitting Travel: What’s your Angle?
- April 2015 JetWayz: Spiritual Beauty
- April 2015 The Trading Travelers: Celebrate
- May 2015 Street Food World Tour: Epic
- May 2015 Next Stop Who Knows: Landscape
- May 2015 We Travel Together: Wildlife
- May 2015 Vagabond Way: Festival
- June 2015 Travel Addicts: Landmarks
- June 2015 TravelnLass: Wrinkles
- July 2015 Anita’s Feast: Food Markets
- July 2015 Dare2Go: Dry
- August 2015 Travel Past 50: Home
- August 2015 Barefoot Nomad: Door
- September 2015 House Sitting Travel: Shapes
- September 2015 Berkeley and Beyond: Cemeteries
- October 2015 Dare2Go: Reflections
- October 2015 Journey Jottings: Thirst Quenching
- November 2015 Not A Ballerina: Home Away From Home
- November 2015 Nibble, Sip, Wander: Holiday
- December 2015 Travel with Kat: Light
- December 2015 Let Me Be Free: Traditions
- December 2015 TravelnLass: Blue
- January 2016 Trip Wellness: Cultural Contrast
- January 2016 Rachel’s Ruminations: Paradise
- March 2016 Getting Stamped: Best Beaches In The World
#123 Travel Photo Roulette Submissions:
- Tam from Travels with Tam “Wildebeests and Flamingos, Tanzania”.
- Anne from Let Me Be Free Blog “Shark Bay located in Western Australia in a UNESCO site. The area has islands, sea grass and home of stromatolites (the oldest forms of life)”.
- Tara from Back Road Ramblers “Grand Canyon, Arizona”.
- Kate from Kitty to City UNESCO Site: Angkor, Siem Reap, Cambodia
Built in the 12th century, Angkor Wat is the largest religious monument in the world and Cambodia’s number #1 attraction. Nothing beats watching the sunrise over the “City of Temples”.
- Carole from Berkeley and Beyond “At the Summer Palace in Beijing, China, I captured another photographer capturing a photo”.
- Josie from housesitting travel.com “The Sydney Opera House is a gorgeous icon when shot head-on, but I loved this shot through the trees from the Royal Botanical Gardens. The bonus is the Bay Bridge in the background — all-in-all a one-two-three punch of gorgeousness! Australia in all its bold and bodacious beauty”.
- Tom from Adventurous Retirement “Galapagos Sea Lion posing under a lava arch”.