I have been looking forward to sharing some of my favorite blogs of 2015 with you. The 10 listed below fascinate me with their writing skills, fun factor, bravery, and wit. Then there are the pictures-oodles of them- jumping off the page at you, luring you into their travels. See what your thoughts are:
Favorite Blogs of 2015
- 2 Food Trippers– Daryl & Mindi, based in New York, are my idols. They eat their way around the world posting mouth-watering food pics. Their write-ups will leave you salivating or planning a trip around a plate of food. I do not know where they find all the tours they do, but they sure are cool.
- Curb Free with Cory Lee– Cory is traveling the world in his wheelchair and nothing keeps him from having an ultimate time. From getting to meet former President Jimmy Carter, to eating his way through Asheville, he is living the dream. Cory is great to converse with and dedicated to seeing the world. I wish him all the luck!
- The NYC JetSetter– Enjoying a full time advertising career in NYC, Christine is a go-getter who has a beautiful writing style that makes you just adore her. She stays at and reviews all the cool hotels in Manhattan. If I were young again, I would want to be her best friend. Christine has been to more European counties than states in the US. Go girl!
- Oh, The Places We Will Go– Okay, this one is going to come as a surprise to Selena, but from the moment my best friend sent me a link to her website, I fell in love with her page. Selena’s fluid and poetic writing style, and the design of her blog, are ultimate to me. In fact, that I hired the same company that designed her website to create mine. Selena is a most gifted photographer and tells a story with the close-up and intricate details through photographs and words. She is my blogging “mentor” and I cannot wait to see where she will be next.
- Flying the Nest– Jess and Stephen are youngsters from Australia that have been traveling for 7 years. They do wild and crazy things and are not ashamed to blog about them. I get quite an education seeing what they are into and love watching them explore the world.
- I’m Not a Tourist, I Swear– Kristen has the coolest font and writes about places and things I adore (namely the South, Graceland, and Pebble Beach). Her fun travels to Vietnam made me add that country to my bucket list. Kristen has a spectacular eye for photography. Her food shots are my favorite. She is a gifted and quirky storyteller, too. I wish I had been just like her at that age.
- Different Doors– Revati and Charles are a married couple from Bombay who share atypical stories with zany titles and fun subjects that you do not come across every day. They are both so kind to talk to and I feel like I could ask them anything and they would offer help. Different Doors travels to exotic destinations that I have not been, and I dream about future travels based on the stories they share with their readers. After seeing their blog posts, I hope to share a curry meal with them someday.
- The Casual Travelist– Brianna is a terrific blogger, friendly and helpful, who manages to maintain her blog (and other social media sites) while juggling every day life and all that implies. She goes for sophisticated, no nonsense traveling, and I love every destination she writes about. I am a huge fan and wish my writing was half as good as hers. Her blog is only a year old and is so impressionable to the readers that I feel like I have known her a lifetime.
- Cook Sip Go– Dave left corporate law in New York and is currently based in Nairobi, where he writes about some amazing subject matter: cultures, animals, food, and people. His photography will literally knock your socks off! Dave is a mega overachiever, a real cutie (forget it…he is taken!), and is an idol to all of us in the blogosphere. Maybe some day he and his wife will come visit me in Florida and teach me some of these mad skills.
- The Roaming Renegades– Nic and Shorty are a married couple from the UK and should be the geography teachers to all the students in the United States. I do not remember one thing from 12 years of geography and less than that about history, but following the adventures of Roaming Renegades, I am learning things I have never even heard about. I am not ashamed to admit that I feel like a schoolgirl with every article they post, and I cannot wait to sit down and read their blog. I wish them a great 2015 year as they are going to some awesome places!
My Favorite Blogs of 2015
Well, there you have it. My favorite blogs of 2015. While there are dozens of bloggers I really enjoy, these 10 top my list, followed closely by the one and only Wherever I May Roam Blog. I am very glad to share these blogs with you and hope you will take a look at each and every one of them. I think you will enjoy my selection. Best wishes fellow travel and food bloggers for a healthy and happy 2015 filled with much travel and continued success.