Easy And Cheesy Chicken Taquitos Recipe
I found a recipe for Chicken Taquitos on Pinterest about a year ago that I couldn’t wait to try out. The first time I made them, they were an epic fail. The recipe required you to fry the taquitos and mine just fell apart. I tried that recipe three more times and each time was a bigger mess than the time before it. I finally decided to bake my taquitos and tweak the recipe that I had been using. It worked out perfectly! Here is my Easy and Cheesy Chicken Taquitos recipe.
- 10 Corn Tortillas
- 4 Oz Cream Cheese
- Always, Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 3/4 to 1 Cup Shredded Cheese
- I use whatever I have in the fridge
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning
- I put Tony’s on everything. I’m actually on the hunt for a small bottle to keep in my purse (I wish I was kidding).
- Sour Cream and/or Salsa
- We only buy Daisy Sour Cream
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
4. Cut up chicken breast into bite sized pieces or shred if you wish. Season well with Tony’s. Put a little bit of oil (vegetable or olive) in the bottom of a skillet and cook your chicken. While chicken is cooking, put the sheet of tortilla shells in the oven. When chicken is done, put it on a paper towel to drain the excess oil. Pull tortillas out of the oven.
5. Set up your assembly area. You will need the chicken, warmed tortillas, and cheese mixture. Spread about a tablespoon (more or less, it’s up to you) of cheese mix on half of each taquito and add a little dab on the opposite end (to hold the tortillas closed when you roll them up). Add some chicken to the top of each spread out cheese mixture. Roll your tortilla starting with the cheese/chicken side, trying to wrap it as tightly as you can without ripping the tortilla. Seal it shut with the small dab of cheese mix. When finished, placed taquitos on the baking sheet.
Side Note: My husband bought our paper towels.. can you tell?
6. Bake 10-15 minutes, depending on how crispy you like your taquitos. You can spread a little bit of melted butter on the top of each taquito before baking them if you wish.
7. Serve your Chicken Taquitos hot with sour cream or salsa.
- Don’t skip warming the tortillas. Your tortilla shells will rip.
- If you aren’t pressed for time, spread the cheese mixture on the entire tortilla. It will make each bite more cheesy!
Shop Our Kitchen Essentials On Amazon!
Print our Easy and Cheesy Chicken Taquito Recipe here
Check out some of our other recipes
Pin This Post For Later