Crescent-Wrapped Chicken Parmesan
While on Facebook, I stumbled across a recipe video that one of my friends had shared. The video showed beautiful looking crescent rolls filled with chicken and cheese, served with marinara sauce. My first thought was, yum! And my second thought was that I should make these for dinner. I added the ingredients to my store list and took a crack at making Pillsbury’s Crescent-Wrapped Chicken Parmesan.
Full disclosure: I am not very good at following directions. For example, I bought a Pillsbury refrigerated crescent baking sheet instead of the traditional crescent rolls. Oops. Then, my chicken breast was not thick enough to cut in half for the cheese so I just had to put the cheese on the crescent roll and wrap it up with the chicken. Even with these setbacks, my Crescent-Wrapped Chicken Parmesan sandwiches were delicious!
This is where can find the original Pillsbury recipe.
- 8 uncooked chicken tenderloins
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 2 oz deli mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 3 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, melt 2 Tbsp. of the butter over medium-high heat and cook chicken in butter for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is well browned on all sides. Remove from skillet and cool slightly.
- Cut mozzarella cheese into 8 pieces. Cut small slits in the side of each chicken tenderloin and insert a piece of mozzarella cheese. Unroll dough and separate into 8 triangles. Place a piece of chicken on the wide end of the triangle; roll dough around chicken and place on prepared cookie sheet. Repeat for remaining dough and chicken.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, microwave remaining 1 Tbsp. of butter until melted. Brush crescent rolls with melted butter and top with 1 tsp. Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 14-18 minutes or until golden brown. Heat marinara in a microwaveable bowl until heated through. Serve Crescent-Wrapped Chicken Parmesan with heated marinara sauce.
Cannot Wait To Make These Again
This Crescent-Wrapped Chicken Parmesan recipe was incredibly easy! The crescent rolls paired perfectly with the chicken and it had just the right amount of cheese. I will definitely be making this yummy dish again.
Shop My Kitchen Essentials On Amazon!
Pin This Post For Later
Taylor Pittman Hardy wrote this article.
Check out some of our other recipes:
Chicken Alfredo Roll-Ups
Fiesta Ranch Dip