My family has been making Peanut Blossoms since I can remember. You know, that soft round peanut butter cookie with the Hershey kiss, or Reese’s Cup, right in the center? Well, here it is!
I have found that this recipe for Peanut Blossoms works best for me and I hope that it will for you too!
Peanut Blossoms Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup Jif peanut butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar (for rolling)
- 2 (9 ounce) bags of Hershey Kisses or Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, unwrapped
Shop My Kitchen Essentials On Amazon!
1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease cookie sheets. I typically use 3: 2 cookie sheets for the Hershey’s Kiss cookies and 1 mini muffin pan for the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, and 1 cup white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time and stir in the milk and vanilla.
3. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl; gradually stir into the peanut butter mixture until well blended.
4. Shape tablespoons of dough into balls and roll in remaining white sugar. Place cookies 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets or directly into the mini muffin pan. Bake for 9 minutes.
5. Remove cookies the oven and immediately press a Hershey Kiss or Reese’s Cup into each cookie. I usually put them back in the oven for 2 minutes so the chocolate can melt to the cookie. Allow them to cool completely.
Check out some of our other recipes:
Cheesy Ranch Chex Mix
Perfect Buckeye Balls
Pin This Post For Later
Taylor Pittman Hardy wrote this article.