Peanut butter is one of my favorite foods. Combine peanut butter with chocolate and you have an ultimate dessert combination. I found these Buckeye Balls on Pinterest years ago and have been making them ever since. They’re always a delicious treat. Best of all, you only need six ingredients–and you probably already have them all on hand!
Here is the perfect Buckeye Balls recipe.
Buckeye Ball Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter (We always use Jif!)
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 pound box confectioners sugar
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2-3 Tbsp. Crisco shortening (we chose sticks)
Buckeye Ball Instructions
1. In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and confectioners sugar using your hands. It will be dry and crumby at first, but work until everything is mixed.
2. Separate your dough into three large balls. Cover each one with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Shape your dough into small balls using a tablespoon of mixture for each and rolling it into your hands until smooth. When you’re finished, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
Tip: Keep your Buckeye Balls the same size by using a cookie scoop.
4. In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate chips and shortening over low heat, stirring constantly. When smooth, remove from heat. Use a toothpick to dip each ball into the chocolate mixture and place them back on the baking sheet. Use the back of a spoon to smooth over toothpick holes. Refrigerate until chocolate is set.
Pro Tip: Store your Buckeye Balls in the refrigerator. They taste even better cold!
Pin This Post For Later!
Check out some of our other recipes: