The Best Snickerdoodles Recipe
Snickerdoodles are the most underrated cookies on the planet. Everyone forgets about them! Snickerdoodles are one of my favorite cookies and although most people bake them around the holidays, I think they are great all year round. After trying out numerous recipes, Betty Crocker’s Snickerdoodle recipe is my favorite. These cookies are not very hard to make and taste awesome.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening (Crisco sticks)
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. Heat oven to 400°F.
2. Mix 1 1/2 cups sugar, butter, shortening, and eggs in a large bowl. Next, stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
3. Shape dough into 1 1/4″ balls. Mix 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon in a small container. Then, roll dough balls in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place Snickerdoodles 2″ apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Tip: I line my baking sheets with parchment paper. The cookies will not stick and clean up is a breeze!
4. Bake cookies 8-10 minutes, or until set. Let cool on a wire rack.
Note: Snickerdoodles do not spread quite like other cookies do. Be sure to keep an eye on them around the 8 minute mark or you will have burned cookies on your hands.
Tip: I use a cookie scoop to shape the dough balls. It makes this step go by much quicker.
Note: I use WAY more cinnamon than the recipe calls for. I like my Snickerdoodles smothered in cinnamon. In fact, the more cinnamon, the better!
Shop My Kitchen Essentials On Amazon!
Check out some of our other recipes:
Festival Holiday Fudge
Cheesy Ranch Chex Mix
Pin This Recipe For Later
Taylor Pittman Hardy wrote this article.