If you are a fan of breakfast, and a love of pizza, then breakfast pizza, or Brizza is going to tantalize your taste buds. I had a dish similar to this on a road trip through Kansas, and couldn’t wait to recreate my own version. While I am making this brizza a vegetarian option, I’ll also offer ingredient combinations to those who don’t follow a vegetarian lifestyle.
We start with a Boboli store-bought pizza crust. I prefer the thin crust but you can use whichever style you like. Then, we brush the crust with butter and toast it a bit before piling it high with a combination of plant-based chorizo, peppers, and onions, scrambled eggs, and a drizzle of tomatillo sauce.
Dollops of goat cheese and a lime crema help douse the heat from the faux-chorizo, and fresh avocado add a level of creaminess. Oh dear goodness, this Brizza is delicious and addictive! It is easy to make (though does have a couple of steps to get there) and one pizza can easily feed four to six people.
The Brizza reheats well and can be made from a variety of toppings, or whatever you have on hand. I’m a firm believer in using up the things in the refrigerator and this recipe is perfect for doing just that.
More Brizza Combinations
Other Brizza ideas include:
- Crumbled bacon, shredded Swiss cheese, diced tomatoes
- Sautéed diced onion, mushrooms, and spinach, Canadian Bacon, and feta cheese
- Roasted red peppers, diced chicken, pico de Gallo, Cotija cheese
- Asparagus, diced mushrooms, Gruyère cheese
- Diced Spam, Colby-Jack Cheese, cherry tomatoes, chives for garnish
- Maple Sausage links, diced yellow onion and sweet potatoes, shredded Cheddar cheese
Pin This Post For Later!
Read more of our recipe posts at: