The Best Baked Parmesan Chicken Recipe
When I am home, I love to cook. I pin recipes on Pinterest to my “yummy” board and then go through when I am making my store list and a pick a new dish or two to make every week. I found this marinate-all-day baked Parmesan Chicken recipe a few months ago and I absolutely love it! It is super easy to make and pretty quick to throw together, with only six ingredients. Combining chicken, Panko bread crumbs, and Parmesan cheese, what’s not to love about this recipe?
I hope you will enjoy this Baked Parmesan Chicken recipe as much as we have! If you can think of any way to make it even better, please let me know.
4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tsp. crushed garlic
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning (I use Tony’s Creole Seasoning)
1/4 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Combine garlic, olive oil, and poultry seasoning in a small pan. Heat until warm (about 1 minute).
2. Trim chicken breast and make small crosswise slits about 1/2 inch apart down the length of each chicken breast. Put the chicken in a container, pour heated oil over, and marinate all day in the refrigerator.
3. When ready to cook, take chicken out of the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature for a few minutes. Preheat oven to 425° F.
4. Mix bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a flat dish. Dip each chicken breast into the mixture, pressing on as much of the coating as you can.
5. Place each piece of chicken breast on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Bake until chicken is firm and cooked through (about 25 minutes). Enjoy your Baked Parmesan Chicken!
After grocery shopping, I meal prep as much food as I can to make my life a little bit easier during the week. When I know we will be having this for dinner, I go ahead and prepare my chicken when I get home from the store. That way, the chicken has plenty of time to marinate and half of the recipe is already done!
For the poultry seasoning, I use Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning. It gives the chicken a little bit of a kick, which I really like. Truthfully, I use Tony’s to season just about everything that I make. It’s so good!
I ALWAYS use Kraft shredded Parmesan cheese and Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs. I am very brand loyal and these (Kraft and Kikkoman) are two of my favorites. When Kraft cheese goes on sale at Kroger, I stock up on packs of cheese, especially Parmesan.
To make this recipe a little bit healthier, opt to use 100% Whole Wheat Panko Bread Crumbs instead. Gluten-Free? No worries! Kikkoman also has Gluten-Free Panko.
Note: My chicken did not photograph very well but it tastes wonderful!
Shop my Kitchen Essentials on Amazon!
Pin This Post For Later
Taylor Pittman Hardy wrote this article.
Check out some of our other recipe posts:
Cheesy Ranch Chex Mix
Chicken Alfredo Roll-Ups
Fried Mac and Cheese Balls