The Best Shrimp Dip Recipe
I have an obsession with seafood dips. I don’t know what it is, but I absolutely love them! The best seafood dip I ever had was from The Crab Trap in Pensacola, Florida. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t think about driving the three hours from my house to Pensacola to eat at The Crab Trap once a week. I have tried to make seafood dips at home countless times and have not been able to find a recipe that I liked. I stumbled upon Life Love and Good Food’s Cheesy Shrimp Dip while perusing Pinterest one day and decided to give it a shot. It is the best Shrimp Dip recipe that I have found!
This Shrimp Dip Recipe is cheeeesy. Eating it on a homemade pita chip makes it even better. I cut my shrimp into a quarter inch pieces so that I get a hunk of shrimp in every bite. Without further adieu, here is the best Shrimp Dip recipe!
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Land O’Lakes is always my choice of butter!
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- I generally just buy a bag of frozen Gulf shrimp. They are pretty good and I can make several recipes from the one bag.
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 Green onions, sliced
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese, softened
- Only Philadelphia cream cheese for this family!
- 1/4 Cup shredded Parmesan
- I buy Kraft Parmesan and mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 Cup shredded Mozzarella
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- We like Duke’s
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- Daisy is my favorite brand
- Pinch of salt
- I prefer kosher salt instead of table salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Smoked paprika
- Pita Chips
- Pita Bread
- Olive oil or melted butter
- Garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 350º degrees.
- Coarsely chop shrimp.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp, garlic, and green onions. Cook until the shrimp are pink, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in lemon juice.
- Reduce heat to low and add cream cheese, stirring until melted. Add sour cream, mayonnaise, Parmesan, and mozzarella. Stir until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper, then spoon mixture into a 1-quart baking dish and sprinkle top with paprika and a little bit of extra cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned and bubbly.
- While Shrimp Dip is cooking, cut pita bread into triangles. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange pita triangles on top. Brush with olive oil or melted butter and sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. Place in oven for 5-8 minutes.
- Serve dip with pita chips.
I hope you enjoy this Shrimp Dip recipe as much as I have!
Season the shrimp before you cook them… and season them well. I like to season my shrimp with Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning. It gives the shrimp a little bit of a kick!
This Shrimp Dip will reheat, but it is much better eaten hot.
If you would rather make this Dip with crab, go for it! Crawfish will work, too. Sub Shrimp for any seafood item that you like.
Shop My Kitchen Essentials On Amazon!
Pin This Post For Later
Taylor Pittman Hardy wrote this article.
Check out some of our other recipe posts:
Cheesy Ranch Chex Mix
Chicken Alfredo Roll-Ups
Fiesta Ranch Dip